Kids have problems too! Any organization that offers psychological services for children and adolescents must be fully aware and equipped to handle the unique problems and needs of this age group.
Psychological services for children and adolescents, depending on age, can be both similar (talking, problem-solving) and different (play therapy, drawing, acting out) than those for adults. The primary focus of The Coping Counselors at the Center for Coping is to provide services that are tailor-made for each child or adolescent that you refer to us.
The relationship that develops between the professional and child is essential for effective progress. As such, all of our Coping Counselors have been hand-picked to provide the warm, engaging, empathic skills necessary for beneficial trust and support, enabling the child to feel comfortable expressing feelings and responding to suggestions.
Among the benefits of our psychological services for children and adolescents are for them to:
- Receive compassionate, emotional support
- Learn how to understand their feelings… and improve them
- Identify factors that are interfering with happiness… and deal with them
- Learn techniques to solve conflicts and resolve problems
- Learn new solutions to solve old problems