Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is the only insurance company that does not pay providers directly. There are important things to know about paying your fee for our services. :
- BCBS will not give us any information about your coverage.
- You (not us as the provider) will be sent any insurance checks (after your deductible has been met), along with the Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
Because of this, it is important to be aware of our payment policy for all people insured by BCBS who would like to work with us.
If you are covered by BCBS, here is our payment policy:
1) You will be charged a temporary copay per session until:
- We know that your deductible has been met and
- We know what your insurance pays. (Since BCBS does not let us know this information; we need to obtain it from the EOB that you receive from BCBS.)
2) Watch for mail from your insurance company, with the contents mentioned above. Once you receive any insurance check, endorse it and write “Pay to the order of Center for Coping” on the back of the check. Either bring the check and EOB to our office or mail it to our office.
3) When we receive the EOB showing what your insurance pays, we will adjust your copay accordingly.
4) Please remember that if we do not receive any insurance checks from you, you will be responsible for your entire fee.
If you have any questions about any of this, we can discuss them through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you prefer, let us know a telephone number at which you can be reached and we will contact you.
We regret any inconvenience that this creates. However, Blue Cross Blue Shield procedures make this necessary.